Cryopreservation for third parties
Cryopreservation allows long-term storage of biological material (cell lines, stem cells, tissues, biological liquids, nucleic acids, proteins) at very low temperatures. XBIOGem follows the customer at every stage of the cryopreservation process, offering high quality scientific advice, determining the critical temperature, establishing the most appropriate storage methods based on the material used and using the latest generation management and monitoring software. In particular, XBIOGem professionals offer services that concern:
- The choice of the fundamental storage method for cryopreservation. The liquid phase guarantees the maintenance at the lowest temperature and for as long as possible. The vapor phase reduces the possibility of cross contaminatio
- The choice of the appropriate container size is essential in order to ensure long-term efficacy and an appropriate cost-benefit ratio of the Biobank.
- The traceability of the sample in all phases of the cryopreservation process by means of highly accurate and precise Management Software, allowing identification, registration and archiving through a unique bar code.
- The use of a monitoring and control system of data and parameters from equipment for the conservation of biological material. The structure is based on the use of the ONE APSIM platform, operating 24 hours a day, which allows you to carry out unified supervision and management of all critical equipment together with an advanced alarm and remote storage system.
In order to guarantee safe and high quality storage, XBIOGem has optimized and standardized some processes such as different collection kits for each type of sample, different acquisition conditions from the different collection points, the supply of packaging instructions and shipping documentation. XBIOGem's working procedures guarantee the protection of every sample received. Every single specimen is registered in the central database and labeled with a two-dimensional barcode. The highly advanced and customized database maintains a complete history of each sample. The XBIOGem management software is able to generate a detailed report of when a sample was received, thawed, split, tested or manipulated. The sample management software provides a sophisticated electronic traceability system that allows you to trace each sample and find it immediately, when necessary.
XBIOGem offers the following storage services:
- Cryopreservation in liquid nitrogen and / or in vapors
- Cryopreservation in Liquid Nitrogen (-196 ° C) through the use of sealed vials to avoid contamination;
- Cryopreservation in nitrogen vapors (-150 ° C / -190 ° C) by using plastic vials with screw caps preserved to avoid contamination;
- Cryopreservation in nitrogen vapors (-80 ° C) by means of plastic tubes with screw caps thanks to the innovative containers of the MVE Variō ™ series, equipped with a special technology that allows storage in nitrogen vapors in a range of use that can be modulated between -20 ° C and -196 ° C.
Cryopreservation in mechanical freezers
- Cryopreservation in mechanical freezers (-80 ° C, -40 ° C, -20 ° C and +4 ° C);
- Mechanical freezers have access regulated by badge and are equipped with a back-up system in liquid nitrogen.
REMOTE BACK-UP CRYOPRESERVATION IN THE DELOCALIZED OFFICE
- Storage in liquid nitrogen;
- Storage in nitrogen vapors;
- Storage in mechanical freezers